Friday, February 26, 2010

The Vagina Monologues

Yesterday evening Laurelei and I, along with her mother and her mother's best friend went to go see a local production of The Vagina Monologues at the UU church in Indy. The show was remarkably powerful and poignant, and I am planning on being in next year's production. We were fortunate that one of the women from last year's Women's Goddess Retreat was performing in this year's production. The cast had great energy and vitality, and it made me long for my theatrical glory days.

The Vagina Monologues is presented throughout the world this time of year to raise money to end violence against women worldwide. You can learn more about this important work at vday.org.

!({})! Here is a playlist of the monologues from YouTube.

I was also deeply impressed by the work that the Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis is doing, both as spiritually and socially. Laurelei used to attend UUI and she helped start a local CUUPS chapter there that is still flourishing. I am seriously considering joining the congregation. The only thing really keeping me from doing so is the thought of getting up early every Sunday morning! My spirituality is important to me, though, and surely it is important enough to wake early once a week for.

No comments:

Post a Comment