Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stick Weaving

I've been wanting to take up fiber arts for Athena for a while now. I've learned how to hand spin using a top-whirl drop spindle via some excellent tutorials online.

There is a wonderful fiber arts store very near to where I live. But I've no idea of what to do with the yarn once I've spun it. Sadly, I'm all thumbs when it comes to knitting. I'm sure I'll try it again, but the results thus far have been less than encouraging.

I've been wanting to try my hand at weaving, but the initial investment is prohibitive, especially considering I might not enjoy it once I start. I'm going to purchase a lap loom soon, just to give it a good try, but I've recently been taken in by the concept of stick weaving. It's cheap, it's easy, and the resulting product would look great belted around a khiton at festival!

Esty carries weaving sticks for $5.00. I'll be making an order soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment